Monday, May 30, 2011

Yay, Purse!

I have a hard time shopping for purses.

Yes, I love them. If I were slightly better off financially, I'd likely get a nice Coach bag or a Dooney and Burke ever year or so. But the problem is, in the business casual world, accessories are one of the few ways a woman has to display her personality. I can't exactly wear my Starfleet Academy T-shirt to work.

In this regard, Etsy has been a godsend. I managed to get a cute Princess Leia necklace with pink lightsaber earrings that I absolutely adore wearing.


But for some reason, I've been at a loss to find a good purse that I like. There were a few retro Trek and Wars inspired ones that amused me, but that weren't quite what I was looking for. After purchasing a tokidoki unicorn figure from ThinkGeek, I ended up wandering to their website.

And lo and behold I found exactly what I wanted!


It's absolutely adorable, the wallet is insanely functional (my Droid X fits in it!) and I love the details. From little rhinestones on the tokidoki logo, to heart skull and crossbones shaped zipper pulls, it's positively awesome.


For a helpful reference, if you happen to be looking for a Coach carrying case that will fit even the Droid X, their Poppy Universal Leather Case is quite nice (although their site fails at direct linking).

No comments:

Post a Comment