Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Oh, the Irony

In an attempt to blog a bit more regularly, I've decided to make some shorter blog posts in between the "meatier" ones. Besides, something happened at Abercrombie and Fitch the other day that made me laugh a whole lot, and required sharing.

First off, if you've never shopped at A&F, you probably don't know that they typically only hire the "prettiest" men and women, the people that embody their standard of beauty. Now I'm not going to state that this is true for everyone that works at A&F, but what I've seen at the ones that I shop at is that they generally tend to treat people a bit differently depending on how they dress. For example, if I go in there in non-name-brand clothes, they are polite, but you can tell that they think that I'm just browsing and can't actually afford what they sell. If I go in a competitor's clothing, they tend to be just a little bit icy and demeaning. It's only when I go wearing their own brand of clothing that people seem genuinely nice to me.

I ran there really quickly the other day because they were having a great sale on tees and tanks, and I just wore my Portal 2 inspired, The Cheese is a Liederkrantz shirt from shirt.woot. And something happened to me that has never before occurred at A&F - one of the employees started flirting with me! At first he was just asking if I happened to work at GameStop, but when I told him that no, I actually like video games, he became strangely interested in me.

I LOL'd.

No comments:

Post a Comment